Friday, August 6, 2010

Off the road again...


I am happy that I have no excessive driving in my imminent future.  My mom and I had a lengthy drive across this great nation of ours.  We drove somewhere in the area of 2,400 miles.  I added three new states to my list of those visited: Illinois, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.  (Of those, West Virginia was my favorite, despite the horrible traffic around Morgantown.)  I also got to finally go to Nauvoo.  I really enjoyed it.  It was fun getting to see where some of my ancestors lived and to get an idea how they lived.  I also got to go to the Nauvoo Temple (pictured above).  

A lot of the enjoyment of the trip came from the observations about all the various houses and towns, and farms that my mom and I made.  There were some really interesting and cool sites along the way.  Even though it can be rough sitting in a car for as long as I did, I really recommend driving across the nation to anyone.  At least once.  

Anyway, I'm in my new house here in Arlington, VA.  I'll be starting school in just 2 weeks.  It's crazy!  I need all the help I can get, so send good vibes.

Have a tremendous day!

Ummmm, bye.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new look of the blog. Spent the day reading the disk we got from the Nauvoo records center. You have some faithful, tenacious, and valiant ancestors and I will definitely make you a copy. When law school is getting you down, you need to read the histories of Ezra Hela Allen and his young wife Sarah Beriah Fiske Allen (She later became the second wife of Joel Ricks) whose daughter Cynthia Amorette Allen from her first marriage to Ezra, married Lewis Ricks (your great-great-great grandpa.) You have an awesome legacy on both sides.

    ReplyDelete