I have to miss a week of school. So far my professors are being cool about it, but one of them hasn't talked to me about it yet. There's a paper due in her class tomorrow, and I'm just not doing it. I can't think clearly enough to write a decent paper right now. Oh, and I'm missing a test tomorrow. Ugh. I'm going to be SO behind. I hate being behind.
I'm also SO sick of my bed. I want to have contact with living human beings. Everytime I do talk to someone it's hard because they always make me laugh and then I start having a coughing fit. I'm discovering that I would make a terrible hermit though. Anyway, I get to just deal with this for the next week.
Oh, I forgot to mention that fevers make me a little bit CRAZY. My mind races really bad, especially when I try to sleep. And I tend to hallucinate or think too fast to make sense of anything I think. (For instance, one time I couldn't sleep because I was feverishly making up equations and math problems in my head that were nonsensical.)
Some Random Swine Flu Thoughts:
- I just watched a 1960s movie of Poe's "Pit and the Pendulum." It was somewhat interesting. But mostly boring. I just can't be scared by such old movies.
- The doctor I went to today was a low-talker. I hope he didn't say anything too important that I couldn't hear but nodded my head in agreement to: "You have 3 weeks to live." -- "Ok Doctor, sounds good."
- Yay! I just noticed that I don't have a headache right now.
- Hip Hip Hoorah for at least not having diarrhea or vomiting to this point.
- Is it sad that I haven't watched any of my DVDs because they're on the other side of the room?
- I went to the store today to buy groceries after my doc's appointment and I felt super guilty the whole time I was there. I didn't really touch anything except the grocery cart. So hopefully they took their time in retrieving it from the parking lot.
- I honestly almost bought a Snuggie today! How frightening is that?!
- There were two other people at the Student Wellness Center that had to wear facemasks, so I was definitely not the only one with the Swiggity Flizzle.
- Is it sad that I feel a little bit cool for getting the disease that is so famous right now?
- If anyone has any great ideas for things for me to do in all this down time, please let me know!