Monday, October 26, 2009

Lagoon and Gauges...


Gauged!!!!!!!
Originally uploaded by Flutterbye_856

My good pal Jenny invited me to Lagoon with a bunch of her friends this past weekend. I'm not going to lie. I had a LOT of fun. It really made me feel like a kid again. Even though Lagoon is certainly lacking in REALLY great rides, it's still a very fun place. I enjoyed the new "Wicked" roller coaster. Although, I've never seen spots so frequently in my life! My head can't handle the pressure of the roller coasters so well as it used to. And it was great that the weather mostly cooperated except for being a bit chilly at night. It was a really good day. Thanks Jenny!

While there, I was reminded of a topic (many, many times) that I've been wanting to discuss on here for quite a while. Gauges. What the poo is going on with gauges?! I first saw someone with these things last year and was just blown away that a guy would want to do that to his ears. I know I'm not totally hip and in fashion or anything, but I can't fathom how this is stylistically appealing at ALL. And for the girls that are doing this to their ears, they CLEARLY never intend to be mothers. When I was a baby, I pulled my mom's hoop earring right through her ear lobe. Ouch, right? Well these girls are going to have a TERRIBLE time with their kids pulling on their ears, if they ever do have kids. All I can think when I see gauges is, "You are going to look SO weird when you're old."

Any gauge experts out there want to explain ANY pros about these things? I can only count cons.

K, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment