Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Whirling Disease in Utah

  • Did you know that whirling disease is caused by a microscopic parasite called Myxobolus cerebralis?  
  • Now you do.  
  • Did you know that just because spores of this parasite are present in a stream, it does not mean that whirling disease will be manifest in that stream's fish?
  • Now you do.
  • Did you know that whirling disease can cause various conspicuous types of mutation and the darkened tails exhibited by the trout in the photo to the right?
  • Now you do.
  • Did you know that I have a freakin' huge project due not too long from now that is causing me much stress and makes me want to whirl... hurl?
  • Now you do.
 I just can't seem to catch up in my GIS class.  It's causing me a LOT of stress.  I might get an ulcer if I don't chill out.

I really want to go fishing.

Mostly I just want to be done with law school apps, graduation, and this semester. 

I'll get there.... whirl.
K, see ya.


No comments:

Post a Comment