Sunday, June 6, 2010

Imagine Dragons releases new EP, Jeff buys, Jeff reviews it as follows:

I bought "Hell and Silence," Imagine Dragons' new EP the second that I saw it available on iTunes.  I really quite love this band.

It is hard for me to imagine this band dropping any spots on my favorite bands and artists list.  I can only see them climbing.  With the release of this second EP, they have certainly done just that.  Their collection of just 10 songs that they've released, amounts to one incredible album.  While I used to think, "Wow, they really might make it in the music biz," now I'm leaning more towards, "I'll be shocked if they don't make it."

"Hear Me" is probably going to be my favorite song of 2010.  I doubt there will be another song this year that I listen to nearly as many times as I've already listened to that song on their MySpace page.  It was my theme song for at least a month straight, and remains my favorite songs by ID to date.  I'm happy to report that the rest of this EP does not disappoint, and that it seems ID is just as good, if not better, than their first release.

If I haven't praised them enough yet, just know that I think this band is awesome.  If you like The Killers or Neon Trees (both bands that I don't like quite as much as ID), then this band is certainly for you.  Even if you don't like those bands, there is still a good chance this band is for you.

I heart Imagine Dragons.  Keep up the good work fellas, and ma'am.

No comments:

Post a Comment