Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Best Buds...

If I didn't know better, I'd think these two were the best of friends! This picture of Mike Lee and Tim Bridgewater made me laugh just now.

I went to a debate between these two candidates tonight in the American Fork City Hall. It was really fun! They are fairly similar candidates, but I really prefer Mike. Tim said a few things tonight that I just don't agree with. Anyway, they did a really good job of being very respectful of one another. I am surprised by Mike. He's a politician that strikes me as one that will actually try to do what he says he'll do.

I wish all of our politicians were like that. I just read an article on Yahoo! about how the Japanese Prime Minister resigned over his inability to keep a campaign promise. That would NEVER happen here. While that Japanese PM was apparently just heeding the wishes of his party, and thereby not really being all that noble, at least he was willing to hold himself accountable for his promises.

Mike strikes me as someone that would hold himself accountable.

K, see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment