Saturday, July 3, 2010

Jeff's Top 10 Songs With Good Bass or Top 10 Songs To Test Bass

And now, a time-waster post!
I really enjoy songs that can successfully implement a strong bass sound without letting it rule the song.  These are all songs that I love to listen to with Bass boosters on full blast.  With the clear exception of the Beatles' "Come Together" these are relatively new songs.  Jem's is the second oldest on the list and it was released at least since 2002.  This isn't comprehensive for all songs ever.  It's only songs in my current iTunes library.

The List Explained:
1.  "24" by Jem  I really enjoy Jem's bass sounds that she implements.  This song is the hardest rocker that I've heard from her.  I used to love blasting it in my mom's old car that had a nice sound system.  I probably like it solely for its bass-rock power.
2.  "Come Together" by The Beatles is a great example of a song with a great bass-line and well-implemented strong bass sounds.  This isn't my favorite Beatles song, but it is the best for bass.
3.  "Neckbrace" by Ratatat  Ratatat could really have multiple entries on this list, but I limited each artist to only one.  This song is one of my favorite from their Lp4 album that was just released.  It's a cool mixture of bass sounds.
4.  "Daft Punk Is Playing At My House" by LCD Soundsystem I like this song solely for its ongoing strong bass-line.  It's pretty funny as well.
5.  "Animal Backwards" by Minus the Bear The first time I heard this song I was in my friend's Jeep with the volume up.  When I heard it with his sweet system, it was awesome.  Now when I listen to it compared to some of these others the bass-line is a lot less pronounced.  Blast this one.  It's a great song though.  And from a band I had previously written off.
6.  "Curse" by Imagine Dragons It's like a cardinal rule that I absolutely must include Imagine Dragons on every music list I make lately, but I really love this song and its bass.  This is still probably a top 20 favorite song of all-time for me.
7.  "Gone Daddy Gone" by Gnarls Barkley I'm not a huge fan of Gnarls Barkley, but this is a fun song.  It has a really cool sound to it.  I first heard in while watching Chuck.
8.  "Undisclosed Desires" by Muse This song isn't my favorite Muse song, especially because of its interesting lyrics, but it is a downright cool sounding song.  As with most new Muse, it's well-crafted.
9.  "Good To Sea" by Pinback I really like the bass-line of this song.  This is just an all-around cool song.
10.  "Numbers" by Great Northern Not the strongest of bass, especially on this list, but I do like the sound of this one.

Well, that's it.  Hope you found something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment