Monday, December 28, 2009

Top 100 U2 Songs

Sometimes when I'm bored I like to look at what search keywords people enter into Google to bring them to my blog.  Sometimes they're hilarious, and sometimes I just can't figure out why Google sent them my way.  I have a lot of lists of songs, but one list that I certainly haven't had is the top 100 U2 songs.  I saw that someone searched for that and somehow arrived at my blog... well, random person, I'm going to oblige you.  Here is my version of the Top 100 U2 Songs of all time.  Now, I would say that various versions of some of their songs are better than some of the crappy songs at the very bottom of the list, but for simplicity I've eliminated all duplicates of the same song, and kept my favorite version of the song.  (For instance, I like the "new" version of the song "Gone" better than the original.)  I'm not putting quotes around the song names, and the only thing listed with them is what album the version of the song is from.  (I should note that I do not own Boy, apparently.  I thought I did.)  Anyway, here's the list:

1.  One    Achtung Baby
2.  Running To Stand Still    The Joshua Tree
3.  Pride    The Unforgetable Fire
4.  Sunday Bloody Sunday    War
5.  With Or Without You    The Joshua Tree
6.  Bad    The Unforgetable Fire
7.  Where The Streets Have No Name    The Joshua Tree
8.  Gone (New mix)    Best of 1990-2000
9.  Beautiful Day    All That You Can't Leave Behind
10.  I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For    The Joshua Tree
11.  The Fly    Achtung Baby
12.  Walk On    All That You Can't Leave Behind
13.  All I Want Is You    Rattle And Hum
14.  Staring At the Sun    Pop
15.  Electrical Storm - New Song    The B Sides (1990-2000)
16.  Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of    All That You Can't Leave Behind
17.  The Hands That Built America    Best of 1990-2000
18.  City Of Blinding Lights    How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
19.  Discotheque    Pop
20.  Do You Feel Loved    Pop
21.  Desire    Rattle And Hum
22.  Zoo Station    Achtung Baby
23.  Until the End of the World    Achtung Baby
24.  Elevation    All That You Can't Leave Behind
25.  Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses    Achtung Baby
26.  Magnificent    No Line On The Horizon
27.  New Year's Day    War
28.  Bullet The Blue Sky    The Joshua Tree
29.  Even Better Than the Real Thing    Achtung Baby
30.  Mysterious Ways    Achtung Baby
31.  Kite    All That You Can't Leave Behind
32.  Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around The World    Achtung Baby
33.  Numb (New mix)    Best of 1990-2000
34.  In a Little While    All That You Can't Leave Behind
35.  Miracle Drug    How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
36.  Seconds    War
37.  Red Hill Mining Town    The Joshua Tree
38.  Ultra Violet    Achtung Baby
39.  Silver And Gold    Rattle And Hum
40.  One Tree Hill    The Joshua Tree
41.  The Unforgetable Fire    The Unforgetable Fire
42.  Two Hearts Beat As One    War
43.  Angel Of Harlem    Rattle And Hum
44.  So Cruel    Achtung Baby
45.  Grace    All That You Can't Leave Behind
46.  Acrobat    Achtung Baby
47.  When I Look At The World    All That You Can't Leave Behind
48.  I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight    No Line On The Horizon
49.  Miss Sarajevo    Best of 1990-2000
50.  If God Will Send His Angels    Pop
51.  New York    All That You Can't Leave Behind
52.  Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me    Best of 1990-2000
53.  Vertigo    How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
54.  Please    Pop
55.  Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own    How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
56.  "40"    War
57.  Last Night On Earth    Pop
58.  Peace On Earth    All That You Can't Leave Behind
59.  In God's Country    The Joshua Tree
60.  The First Time    Best of 1990-2000
61.  Crumbs From Your Table    How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
62.  Trip Through Your Wires    The Joshua Tree
63.  Van Diemen's Land    Rattle And Hum
64.  Get On Your Boots    No Line On The Horizon
65.  Summer Rain    The B Sides (1990-2000)
66.  A Sort Of Homecoming    The Unforgetable Fire
67.  Moment Of Surrender    No Line On The Horizon
68.  A Man And A Woman    How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
69.  Wire    The Unforgetable Fire
70.  Cedars Of Lebanon    No Line On The Horizon
71.  Love Is Blindness    Achtung Baby
72.  The Refugee    War
73.  If You Wear That Velvet Dress    Pop
74.  Stand Up Comedy    No Line On The Horizon
75.  All Because Of You    How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
76.  No Line On The Horizon    No Line On The Horizon
77.  All Along The Watchtower    Rattle And Hum
78.  Like A Song...    War
79.  Helter Skelter    Rattle And Hum
80.  When Love Comes To Town    Rattle And Hum
81.  MLK    The Unforgetable Fire
82.  Promenade    The Unforgetable Fire
83.  Lady With The Spinning Head (Dance Mix)    The B Sides (1990-2000)
84.  Hawkmoon 269    Rattle And Hum
85.  North And South Of The River    The B Sides (1990-2000)
86.  One Step Closer    How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
87.  Mothers Of The Disappeared    The Joshua Tree
88. Wild Honey    All That You Can't Leave Behind
89.  Your Blue Room    The B Sides (1990-2000)
90.  Salome (Zooromancer Remix)    The B Sides (1990-2000)
91.  White As Snow    No Line On The Horizon
92.  Exit    The Joshua Tree
93.  Original Of The Species    How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
94.  Dirty Day (Junk Day Mix)    The B Sides (1990-2000)
95.  Unknown Caller    No Line On The Horizon
96.  Breathe    No Line On The Horizon
97.  Love And Peace Or Else    How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
98.  Elvis Presley and America    The Unforgetable Fire
99.  Fez - Being Born    No Line On The Horizon
100.  4th of July    The Unforgetable Fire






I'm sure that if you note how many of the songs from "No Line On The Horizon" are toward the bottom of the list, it will come as no surprise that it's my least favorite album U2 has ever made.  On the other end, I love The Joshua Tree of course, but I'm also a big fan of Achtung Baby.  And yes, "One" remains my favorite song.  I wasn't super meticulous about this list.  I just tried to rank them by how likely I am to listen to them comparatively.
Anyway, my break is going great and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.  It's surprising me how busy I've been able to stay.  That's nice.  Anyway, see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment