Friday, March 19, 2010

Havin' a blast!

I LOVE Washington D.C.  I don't know exactly why I love this place way more than other cities, but I do. I've seen quite a few unexpected sites and people.  I saw Joe Biden in a presidential motorcade.  (I think we were on the wrong side of the Capitol to see Barack Obama.)  I saw John Mccain from about 20 feet away, Senator Dodd, Senator Sessions, Senator Thune, and a few others from even closer.  I saw all of them on a special tour of the Capitol.  I also got to go back today and sit in the Senate Gallery up above the Senate floor.  Unfortunately, we pretty much only got to see Al Franken decide to recess the session until Monday.      I'm really tired, but I've quite enjoyed myself.  Tonight we went to a sweet Chili place called Ben's Chili Bowl on U Street.  It was crazy-crowded, but fun.  I also got to go see George Mason yesterday.  It was a really tiny campus.  It's not part of the regular campus, and I felt like the whole building kinda smelled like cigarette smoke.  However, they're building a large new building.  It's in a really new and nice area of Arlington.  I sat in on a class.  It was Contracts.  I was really impressed with the camaraderie of the classmates and the professor.  It was a particularly funny and nice professor, but still.  It seemed like a fun learning environment.  I actually kinda understood what they were talking about despite not having read the cases before hand.  I'm havin' fun, but I'm going to have to write more upon my return.  Boo.  The weather has been SO perfect.  In the high 60's, low 70's every day.  And sunny.  I'll HATE going back to the cold of Utah.  But alas, it must be done.  Well, see you later.

K, bye.

OH, also, William and Mary has waitlisted me.  That's what I expected, so we'll see if an offer comes up before I make my decision.  I wish BYU would HURRY UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment