Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Will the post office keep delivering Saturday mail?

I'm a bit bored.  Can you tell?  Apparently the USPS is facing crazy debt and financial issues.  They are proposing some big changes that would be necessary to improve their business model, but one of the first things to go could be the delivery of mail on Saturday.  They're proposing a 5-day mail schedule.  (I just started singing "The internet killed the snail mail star," to the tune of "Video Killed the Radio Star.")

Perusing other news items, (hopefully more interesting ones), quoting from CNN here, "The massive earthquake that struck Chile on Saturday may have shifted the Earth's axis and created shorter days, scientists at NASA say.
The change is negligible, but permanent: Each day should be 1.26 microseconds shorter, according to preliminary calculations. A microsecond is one-millionth of a second."   THAT'S CRAZY!  That was one strong earthshake.  I hope that they are able to get back on their feet soon.  For all our preparing for natural disasters and worrying about them, these recent earthquakes remind me that we just can't prepare for everything.  I have to enjoy my life as I know it, and do the best I can while I've got time.

K, see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment