Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Album Reviews: "The Bens -EP" by THE BENS?!!!


Kwellacious B
Originally uploaded by myveryownme
I had NO idea that this wonderful EP existed until about an hour ago. This is a collaboration effort between three of the music industries most famous Bens: Ben Folds, Ben Kweller, and Ben Lee. (It would certainly be awesome if they could get Ben Gibbard (Death Cab For Cutie) to join in!) I really, really like Ben Kweller. A LOT! (So much that I forgive him for making a country album this last time around. It has so much twang that I can't listen to it, bleck.) I've also always been a great respecter of Ben Folds as well. Ben Lee has a couple songs in my library, but I don't know his stuff very well. Anyway, these three teamed up to make an EP. (Perhaps testing the waters for a full album? Or perhaps for kicks.) It's pretty awesome. It's only 4 songs and I think all of them are great. My favorite is "Bruised." I'd give this album an 8/10 on my random scale that I invented with previous album reviews. This EP REALLY makes me wish that these guys will either do a tour together or will make a full-length album. They tried a few different sounds and combined the styles of the three guys pretty well. "Stop!" is very much Ben Kweller, and he is the solo vocalist on it. I think the other three include vocals from all three. "Bruised" is mostly sung by Ben Folds, and is in his style. "Just Pretend" is all three singing different solos and is the best mixture. The fourth song, "XFire" is kind of more electronic. I like it as well. I know this review sucks, but I'm just excited that I have new stuff by Kweller and Folds. :) Ok, I'm done now. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment