Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Jeff's Top 40 Funny Songs List...

How's it going? So I was excited to discover that Imagine Dragons has added more songs to their MySpace page. They're really quite an amazing up-and-coming group. Anyway, in my boredom and music listening, I've created a list of the top 40 funny songs in my collection. (These are NOT in my opinion the top 40 funniest songs of all time, but merely the top 40 funny songs in my collection.) Some of them are only funny to me for random noises in the songs, funny or ironic titles, or for other wacky reasons. Some of them are actually really good songs that are even featured on my top 100 best songs list. So, despite these not all being completely hilarious, most (if not all) are worth checking out. The List:

1. "I Hate Everyone" [Clean] by Get Set Go
2. "Going Fetal" by Eels
3. "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" by The Flaming Lips
4. "Stray Dog and the Chocolate Shake" by Grandaddy
5. "Haiku" by Tally Hall
6. "The Group Who Couldn't Say" by Grandaddy
7. "Welcome to Tally Hall" by Tally Hall
8. "Great Balls Of Fire" by Teitur
9. "Ugly Love" by Eels
10. "The Sporting Life" by The Decemberists
11. "Short Skirt/Long Jacket" by Cake
12. "Bee of the Bird of the Moth" by They Might Be Giants
13. "Daft Punk is Playing at My House" by LCD Soundsystem
14. "Broken Household Appliance National Forest" by Grandaddy
15. "If I Had $1000000" by Barenaked Ladies
16. "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen
17. "Dime" by Cake
18. "Love Stinks" by J. Geils Band
19. "Now It's On" by Grandaddy
20 "How It Should Be (sha sha)" by Ben Kweller
21. "I've Got to Be Clean" by Guster
22. "What Happened..." by Grandaddy [This one is UBER disturbing, haha, funny for morbid reasons mostly.]
23. "Fitter Happier" by Radiohead
24. "This Is How You Spell "HAHAHA, We Destroyed the Hopes and Dreams of a Generation of Faux-Romantics"" by Los Campesinos!
25. "Burrito" by Pete Yorn
26. "Cry On Demand" by Gomez
27. "I Was Born (A Unicorn)" by The Unicorns
28. "Regrets" by Ben Folds Five
29. "Shopping" by Barenaked Ladies
30. "Yellow Submarine" by The Beatles
31. "One Great City!" by The Weakerthans
32. "End Of The Movie" by Cake
33. "Another Postcard" by Barenaked Ladies
34. "You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)" by Dead Or Alive
35. "Your Redneck Past" by Ben Folds Five
36. "2007, the Year Punk Broke (My Heart)" by Los Campesinos!
37. "Steven's Last Night in Town" by Ben Folds Five
38. "Helicopter" by The Feeling
39. "Walk On Me" by Ben Kweller
40. "Chicken Payback" by A Band Of Bees

A couple of additions that I think belong:
41.  "The Rake's Song" by The Decemberists ... funny for morbid reasons again.
42.  "I Need A Minute" by Imagine Dragons ... funny because of one line in the chorus.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment