Monday, March 16, 2009

And About The Wedding...

Well, I guess that Obit for Spring Break isn't really enough about the past couple days to suffice. Yesterday my brother Jake got married. I was really excited for him, but yesterday was REALLY long. I got up at 5:30 am, got ready, went to the temple, signed the wedding license stuff, waited for the sealing, after the sealing, we waited for them to change, then we all took pictures on the temple grounds, had the luncheon at noon, after the luncheon my mom and I drove straight home, changed, and then went to Highland Gardens to set up (Spencer helped out, thanks buddy!), when that was done we went back home to change again, went back to Highland Gardens to take more pictures, started the reception at 6, it finally started winding down at 8:30, I got home at 10pm. Whew! After I watched the last few minutes of the Aggie game, I CRASHED. I don't do that. I fell asleep on the couch without meaning to. I VERY rarely fall asleep without trying to do so. Anyway, I'm glad it's over. The sealing was really great though. I enjoyed it a lot. There was a great feeling there. I was struck with awe as I looked around the room and saw each of my sisters sitting with their husbands for eternity, and as I looked at my brother and Emily making that same bond. It's just amazing that each of my siblings has set the same great example for me and others and have such great spouses. I'm lucky to have all of them. Not to mention my many aunts and uncles, grandma, cousins, and of course my mom that were all there, too. I'm really blessed with a great family. I'm sad to not be able to see Jake as often with him living in Arizona, but I'm grateful that he's finally found his wife to be happy with. And he really does seem very happy. They'll do great.

No comments:

Post a Comment