Friday, August 21, 2009

Evil Clandestine Colony of Gnomes...


STALKER
Originally uploaded by ukmcbo
Don't ask about the title. It randomly made an appearance in one of my texts today.

"Thank goodness you're here Mesmerized-by-Moving-Objects Man!"
Random "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" quote that I just heard.

Alright, now that I've gotten most of my randomness out for the moment, today I listened to a couple songs on my iPod that I've long thought of as potential stalker anthems. So I've decided to compile (with the help of some friends (trust me, some of these songs are NOT in my music collection)) a list of the TOP TEN POTENTIAL STALKER ANTHEMS:

10. "Endlessly" by Muse
9. "I Would Walk 500 Miles" by The Proclaimers (The VERY dedicated stalker.)
8. "I Love You Anyways" by Travis
7. "I'm The Man Who Loves You" by Wilco
6. "I Will Possess Your Heart" by Death Cab For Cutie (One of the ones I listened to)
5. "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get" by Morrissey
4. "Invisible" by Clay Aiken (my friend played this for me, and yes, it is VERY creepy)
3. "Every Breath You Take" by The Police (This was another one that came on my iPod)
2. "Johanna" From Sweeney Todd (my friend played this for me and pointed out that he sings about coming in through the window and being next to her or something)
1. "Blinded" by Third Eye Blind (The lyrics about him going in her house even though he knows he's not supposed to and watching her in her bathroom, and "look down on you for an hour" are VERY creepy stalkerish things.)

I've just realized that very many love songs have potential to be stalker songs, but I think this is a pretty good list. I just searched the internet to see if there were any songs that I've missed that are critical, but I think this list is good as many of these songs were on others' lists. Pardon the creepy nature of this song list, I just think it's kinda funny.

Before I go, I need to announce that Vermont is the lamest state in the United States. Ok, that's a bit harsh, but I've been watching my Google Analytics for this blog for over 3 months now, and Vermont was the last state for me to have a visitor from. It took forever! I'm proud to say that I now have had visitors from all 50 states and Washington D.C.. Quite the accomplishment. (Might as well toot my own horn.) Also, since I started using Analytics I've had 53 different countries visit this blog. I'm pretty much amazing is all I'm trying to tell you.

Really, I just wonder what random person in Namibia cares about my blog enough to visit. I must have somehow tricked them into thinking it was a worthwhile visit. K... well... see ya.

1 comment:

  1. "Do they think that walls can hide you? Even now I'm at your window. I am in the dark beside you, buried sweetly in your yellow hair." Pretty stalkerish.

    Oh yeah. And I finally have internet. Score!

    ReplyDelete