Thursday, April 1, 2010

I got April Foolsed by a tree!


31-snow-filled_tree
Originally uploaded by CoolSpring
On my way to work this morning I was looking around at the 3 or 4 inches of snow that got dumped on us here in Logan last night, and remarked that I couldn't believe that it looked like mid-January on April 1st. This is really wet and sticky snow, too. So this morning the trees were all full of really heavy snow, and many of them were dropping their contents. I was talking with one of my neighbors, and he had gotten just ahead of me. Suddenly a huge plop of snow landed right on top of me from the tall trees above me. My neighbor had stepped just out of its way, but I got the brunt of the snow. It was like a snow-shovel full of snow was dropped on my head from 10 feet above. Not pleasant. Pretty funny though.

This afternoon when I left work, it was sunny so the snow was melting fast and was still just as wet and heavy, so it was like bombs dropping all over the place. You can bet your last dollar that I was watching above my head every last step on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment