Monday, January 11, 2010

Oh Inverted World...

The title of this post is the title of an album by The Shins. It's not necessarily a favorite of mine or anything, and I'm not reviewing it, but rather employing its title to explain how I feel about my present situation. Whereas I had been going to sleep in the a.m. hours and waking up in the p.m. hours for the last month, I've definitely switched everything around and I'm now very much awake in the a.m. hours having gotten in bed in the p.m. hours. I know that to the passer-by, there is nothing remarkable about this, but to anyone who knows how late I LOVE to stay up, and how late I LOVE to sleep-in, this is a HUGE change indeed.

I have class at 7:30 every weekday this semester, and it will take a lot of will power for me to get over my normal late-to-bed, late-to-rise type of lifestyle. My world is pretty inverted right now.

I'm doing okay as far as staying awake and getting through my classes this morning, however, the very hard part was the getting out of bed and getting on my way. I struggle with that no matter what time I get up, but it's particularly hard for me when it's crazy early. Anyway, I'll quit my whining. I recognize that getting up in the early morning to live my life is a totally normal thing for everyone else, and I should just get used to it. It will take me a while, but I believe that I'm capable of becoming a morning person. (I'll have to!)

Hmm... I feel like my ability to write interesting stuff will be seriously hampered by how tired I feel, but you, my loyal 2 or 3 readers, will just have to deal with it.

So my first day back to school started off with a class that is extremely easy, especially for an upper division history class. She just makes us watch movies and then prove we paid attention the next class by taking a quiz. So it's basically just a participatory class.

In other news, I'll be finishing up the last of my applications in the next couple days. I just need some signatures, and to mail some forms and I'll have applied to 12 schools. I'm kinda going crazy waiting to hear from all of them. I WANT TO KNOW WHERE I'M GOING! I just had a conversation with a fellow classmate about my law school apps, and I forget that it's NOT an exciting topic for most others. He seemed highly disinterested. Fair enough. I'm kind of a spaz about the whole topic, but the anticipation is really getting to me.

Well, enough rambling. I'm just chilling in the institute building and waiting for my Spanish class. Wish me luck on staying awake! K.... bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment