Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Win Number 16...

Ah, the sweet taste of victory.  I vanquished my foe with a mighty final sprint.  And by vanquished I mean barely beat, and by foe I actually mean my really awesome roommate Spencer.  I'm not sure if any of you noticed, but I added a widget to the side of my blog that displays the count of victories in roommate rivalry sessions.  Spencer and I decided at the New Year that we were going to keep a running record of our wins and losses in sports or games that pitted us against each other.  The total mostly consists of games of racquetball, but there are also a few games of Risk and some other interesting contests included as well.  We haven't had a chance to play racquetball the last few days and so decided to have one contest where we did a "feat of strength!"  (Festivus?)  We both saw who could hold a stretched exercise band in the air longest... Spencer won that.  But then tonight we got the idea to have a race.  As it's ridiculously slippery (I watched a guy fall on his butt today) and icy cold outside we decided to do it here in the apartment.  We just ran from wall to wall thirty times.  We started out really fast but slowed down as we got winded.  I was the fortunate one who figured out a method of having a quick turn-around time, and in the end I won by a breif margin.  Anyway, as you can see, in our "Kenny vs. Spenny"-esque competition I'm not winning.  (We're actually a lot nicer about it than those two were though.)  Spencer beat me at racquetball five times in a row one night.  Hence his 2 win margin.  It's amazing the kinds of competition bored guys in apartments will come up with.  (Fireball?)

K, well, see ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment