Thursday, January 7, 2010

Racquetball, I've missed you.

Racquetball tuckered me right out!  I think I look dead in this picture.  Anyway, it's been since probably September that I've played racquetball, but Spencer and I went and played this afternoon.  As soon as we started warming up I realized how much I've missed it.  It's great playing with Spencer because we have almost exactly the same amount of experience, so we're pretty evenly matched.  We have very different games, but they are fairly equal score-wise. 
I'm SUPER out of shape after the holidays.  I weigh more than I ever have right now.  (I put on some Christmas pounds.)  Anyway, so it's probably a good thing that I'm picking racquetball back up.  I want to shed these pounds as quickly as possible.  I felt really dead after only a game, whereas normally Spencer and I can play 5 games and contemplate continuing on depending on whether or not we have to be somewhere.  Today we played a fourth game and I did NOT move much.  Uber-sluggish!  Anyway, the point of writing all of this is to remind myself of my love for this game and to encourage me to get off my butt more. 

So school is starting on Monday again and I'm once again barely thinking about it at all.  I'm so focused on law school stuff right now that this last semester has just been pushed to the back of my mind.  I should probably keep that in check though, as I need to finish strong and get myself in a decent habit. 

The other reason I really need to start thinking about this upcoming semester is that I need to get to bed earlier this weekend so that I can start waking up at 7 am every weekday this semester.  Oi. 

Well, I'm finally going to shower for the day.

K, see ya.

P.S. I had Gandolfo's this morning!  It was kick-trashtastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment