Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Google Trends...

Ok, I know I'm a big nerd. A big nerd. But I just barely discovered Google Trends last night, and I think it's very entertaining! (Jenny, if you don't already know about it, I bet you'd at least moderately enjoy it.) Google Trends is a site on Google that lets you see the trends in how many times something is searched, and where it is searched for most often. I searched for the phrase "I am bored" and was surprised to see that apparently the world is less bored this year than the previous few years, and that people in the UK are the most bored! You can compare different searches, too. For instance, I compared searches for Mitt Romney (of course he was most popularly searched for in UT), Sarah Palin, and Tim Pawlenty. Whereas searches for Sarah were non-existant for a long time, they immediately shot up when Tim Pawlenty's and Mitt Romney's search numbers dropped after brief spikes around the time when speculation about John McCain's VP pick was going on. So yeah... I know I'm a nerd, but see if you can find any entertaining trends if you're half as nerdy as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment