Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday Evening Thoughts...

I think Barack Obama's grace-period is about over now. It seems that every regime-shift president has a period after their election where the media will spin or report everything in a positive way for them. By regime-shift I just mean the one that comes in to really change how things have been, or at least under that pretense. Barack Obama is the epitome of that kind of new president. However, it seems that his grace-period is ending. I just now finally started seeing some criticism of Barack Obama's moves in the popular media. Which makes total sense because after all... we are a scapegoat-loving nation. We still have a lot of serious issues, and turns out Barack Obama's star-power wasn't enough to instantly solve them. I don't think he should be blamed for our problems, but it really doesn't seem like his oft-mentioned "First 100 Days" have done all that much. Anyway, I certainly wish that his star-power had been enough to solve the nation's woes instantly, instead of just encouraging the largest jump on the list of baby names ever (Barack shot up the list of most popular boy's names). Then I wouldn't want to ask him, "Mr. Obama, where are the jobs you promised?" That rant is over.

I think those new Comcast commercials are FREAKY!!! Have you seen them? They're the ones where they sing kind of monotone and it's animated in a slightly realistic way, but reminds me of The Sims games. They always end with them spelling out Comcast. Anyway, they creep me out! I can't really explain it, but I guess it's mostly just the monotone way they sing. This isn't exactly what they're like, but it's super close:
Hahahaha... on the other end of the spectrum, I just saw an awesome commercial by Intel that I like a lot. It was an office scene with just a rock song playing and everyone was moving in slow motion. Then they all stop working at look at this short old guy as he's walking into the room. They all swarm around him and hold up papers for his autograph and one guy opens his button-up shirt to reveal a t-shirt with the guy's face on it. It then shows at the bottom of the screen that his name is Ajay Bhatt, the co-inventor of the USB. Then it says, "Our rock stars aren't like your rock stars." Anyway... it might not sound funny, but I thought it was hilarious. And I learned who one of the inventors of the USB is! I just found it! CHECK IT OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment